- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including development, testing and deployment of embedded systems.
- Ability to speak and write English and Chinese Mandarin fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with embedded systems and internet of things.
- Experience in network infrastructure and large-scale server systems.
- Experience in working with external partners while analyzing, designing and building technical solutions for the complex problems
- Experience with the components that make up a successful developer platform (e.g.,setup tools, APIs, SDKs, documentation).
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, manage time efficiently, and thrive in ambiguity. Excellent analytical skills.
About the job
The Google Nest team is revolutionizing the way people interact with their homes. We’re looking for Technical Solutions Engineers to make that a reality, and bring Tier 1 partners experiences to the ecosystem. We’re opening up the home to a new realm of possibilities, and transforming the way people connect with devices in their home.
- Understanding Home Automation partner use-cases and assisting implementation and build partner experiences that would realize these requirements
- Build samples and documentation to support partners integrations with Google Nest
- Address escalations of technical issues from Technical Solutions Consultants, and partner with the Software Engineering team to resolve bugs/integration problems.
- Occasionally travel to meet with current/new clients to assist in the roll out of new product features and ensure readiness for new releases.