The Arm GPU and Machine Learning(ML) processors are optimized, ground-up design for Graphics and machine learning acceleration, targeting mobile, smart TV, automotive and adjacent markets. The solution consists of state-of-the-art optimized fixed-function and programmable engines that provide best-in-class performance within a constrained power envelope. With strong on-going customer interest, we are expanding our customer support capability through Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement (SPE). SPE is looking for an experienced and skilled software engineer to join a high performing team working in an exciting and fast paced new field with customers. You will meaningfully engage with customers in adoption and integration of Arm’s GPU and ML technology into their solutions and will engage with the GPU and ML Technology teams to reflect customers’ voice into the Arm development work around GPU and ML.
Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement (SPE) is now seeking highly motivated and capable engineers to join our existing support team in Arm Taipei. You will be required to gain a deep knowledge of Arm’s GPU and ML software products, build relationships with the relevant functional groups within Arm worldwide and deploy this knowledge solving real problems in a timely manner for customers during crucial stages of their own product developments.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be typically providing in-depth technical support by email or CRM system to regional customers. Additional communication with customers will be by telephone, video conferencing and social media. You will occasionally be required to travel to support customers at their premises. You will work with the team to create training material and application notes to help teach customers about Arm’s GPU and ML technologies. In addition, you will be supported in developing your skills as an Arm Trainer in order to co-present training classes to our customers worldwide. The successful applicant will also be expected to spend some time each year updating their technical product knowledge at one of Arm’s GPU and ML design centers.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science or Electronics Engineering; Post Graduate degree preferred. Other engineering or science subject graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Technical / Professional Skills
- Minimum 3 years of Kernel and Device Driver development and deployment, ideally for Android and Linux.
- Experience of Graphics APIs such as EGL, OpenGL(ES) and Vulkan.
- Experience of compute APIs such as OpenCL and RenderScripts
- Experience of customer and sales interaction – ideally in a Technical Support, Product Deployment or Field Application role - as well as development work. Strong software design, coding and debug skills.
- Knowledge of GPU architecture with an excellent understanding of the interaction between software and hardware.
- experience of Neural Network APIs development such as TensorFlow and Caffe.
- Good Knowledge of CPU, GPU and NN architectures with an excellent understanding of the interaction between software and hardware.
- Experience of working in a multi-time zone and distributed team environment.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of embedded operating systems, device drivers, microprocessor and embedded system hardware architectures
- Experience in developing GPU SW applications and/or drivers
- Experience in ML technology and standards such as TensorFlow, Caffe, ArmNN and Compute Library.
- Good knowledge of GPU/AI/ML technology.
- Good Knowledge of heterogeneous compute, ideally GPGPU/OpenCL.
- Good knowledge of Android and Linux
- Experience in SoC bring-up debugging and triage
- Knowledge of the Arm architecture, Arm assembler
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis (approximately every 2 months), both to provide customer training and also for internal business reasons.
- Must have the desire and ability to solve problems quickly.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with both colleagues and customers.
- Must thrive working in high-pressure customer environments.
- Must be proactive in obtaining engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, in order to solve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be enthusiastic and well driven.
- Must be able to schedule own workload, and plan tasks – based on both internal and customer requirements.
- Must have good inter-personal skills and be able to work well within a multinational team, especially when under pressure. Excellent cultural awareness is essential.
- Must be willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Sick Leave, 15 days
- Statutory Social Benefits:
- Pension fund
- Labour & National Health Insurance
- Commercial Benefits:
- Medical & Travel
- Annual Health Check
- Holiday, 21 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, mobile phone purchase, team and social events