About the team: Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic, multi-cultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what’s next in electronics.
This is an opportunity to join a top-notch embedded firmware engineering team with Renesas Electronics America’s leading MCU product line. As part of the MCU firmware team in the Industrial and IoT business unit, this engineer will work on next-generation firmware to support our Arm Cortex MCU products.
What we need:
The Software Platform Development team is seeking an embedded firmware engineer who is excited about working on cutting edge firmware for connected MCUs. You will be an integral part of a team developing embedded firmware for our next generation Arm Cortex-M based MCUs. You’ll develop with leading-edge processes and tools and interface with multiple departments and partners. We’re looking for someone eager to learn, ready to hit the ground running, and help define what embedded firmware means for Renesas MCUs. If you like problem-solving, building something from the ground up, and challenging the status quo, we’d like to hear from you.
What You’ll do
- Create and maintain embedded C code for Cortex-M based MCU projects
- Development of firmware drivers, middleware and 3rd party integration code
- Debug, test, document and deploy code for use by Renesas partners and customers
- Work with cross-functional team to develop firmware requirements
Skills You’ll Need
- B.S./M.S. required in EE, CE or CS
- 5-12 years’ of embedded firmware development experience
- Extensive embedded C programming, XML and Python (or similar) expertise
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M MCUs
- Extensive version control experience
- Extensive experience with software engineering processes and tools
- Experience using RTOS’s and related stacks and middleware
- Experience in developing embedded systems in an Eclipse based IDE
- Experience developing in Linux environment
- Hands-on system bring-up, testing, and debugging skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Some experience with DevOps tools and infrastructure
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Coordination with different teams and driving solutions