Amazon is looking for a Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer to join an exciting new project. The team is working to build a completely new, and best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus.
As a Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment. You are enthused by the ambiguity of domain, and willing to own the whole stack, all the while keeping our customer needs in view.
You will participate in the design, integration and improvement of the FW stacks for the main computational board embedded in our devices. This includes designing and implementing a wide range of low-level embedded software on our hardware platform, including device drivers, Linux kernel modules, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and other low level programming activities.
- 5+ years experience with embedded processors for cellphones, tablets or consumer electronic devices.
- 5+ years experience in Linux kernel and driver development experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 7+ years of Software development experience.
- 5+ years of firmware and device driver development
- 5+ yrs exp in C programming language C and embedded SW development expertise.
- Experience using Git source control management system.
- Hands-on experience in working with Linux-based devices.
- Hands-on experience on developing BSP for Linux and or Android based devices.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments.
- This position will require some travel - both domestic and international
- FireOS experience is a plus.
- Experience on ARM multi-core processors.
- Experience working with ISP, DSPs, and GPUs for embedded applications.
- Experience with optimizing computer vision and optical algorithms on embedded devices.
- Knowledge of wireless BLE 4.0 protocols, TCP/IP networking, understand 802.11 protocol
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role