- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of embedded development experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak business level English
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience coding in C
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: embedded systems development/ firmware, operating systems, device drivers, ARM, x86 assembly, system BIOS or hardware/software integration
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
You have experience in lower-level computer systems, computer architecture, embedded systems and kernel development. Areas of development may include BIOS, Linux kernel, device drivers, embedded firmware, performance tuning, debugging tools, tests and release management.
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Google, you will have the opportunity to pioneer, develop and build out our footprint in consumer hardware/software. You will design and develop the fastest fiber optic internet and data center networks, engineer and build products that contribute to the Android-Chrome ecosystem, and help develop new technology tools for physicians that can integrate easily into daily life and help transform the detection, prevention and management of disease. You will build and launch smart wearables and other related products in line with Google's ambitious and visionary objectives, and lay the low-level groundwork for moonshots across the company!
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.