AMD’s Server Core Firmware team is looking for a firmware engineer to architect, design, develop, debug, and integrate firmware solutions for components in the AMD SOC. The engineer will develop new software features, collaborate with customers and partners on new initiatives, resolve technical challenges, and align efforts across engineering teams and business units within AMD.
We are looking for a Firmware development leader to architect, design and implement embedded firmware enabling a wide range of power, performance, and security features. The successful candidate will employ solid design methodologies, deep technical knowledge, and well-honed debug skills across multiple FW components to ensure on-schedule, defect-free system firmware product development, enabling critical firmware development to data center customers.
The engineer will engage as an active team player, leverage AGILE methodologies to drive cross team development, provide leadership to developers, and always be ready to take on new challenges. There is an opportunity to provide technical leadership and guidance to developers, program managers, and people mangers. The engineer will drive design reviews, firmware quality improvements, and architectural discussions.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with computer architecture.
- Experience embedded firmware and/or device driver development.
- Experience with pre-silicon development on FPGAs or simulation environments.
- Experience with board, processor, or ASIC bring-up.
- Experience with DDR, SPI, eSPI, I2C, LPC, and PCIe.
- Experience with JTAG debuggers.
- Experience with source control systems such as svn or git.
- Experience in hardware/software interfaces and debuging sophisticated issues in CPU and firmware using JTAG, source code debuggers and other tools.
- An understanding of assembly level instruction sets.
- Experience with technologies such as Secure Boot, TPM, AES, DES, RSA, AMD Secure Memory Encryption, AMD Secure Encrypted virtualization.
- Experiences working with RTOS and other embedded OS environments.
- Experience working on server platforms.
- Well versed in software engineering practices.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, responding to changing business and technical conditions with minimal direction.
- 10+ years BIOS/Firmware Development experience
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written and interpersonal.
Bachelor’s degree required