AMD’s embedded business unit is looking for a senior technical talent for the exciting role of systems engineering within the embedded engineering organization. This individual contributor, hands-on, technical role requires working closely with Tier-1 customers and other customer engineering team members in tackling complex system-level problems which cannot be categorized into black-and-white domains, including hardware, platform and software. This role involves collaborating with different SMEs internally, as well as different domain specialists in customers' engineering teams. The ideal person should be proficient in going down into the details and rolling-up your sleeves to debugging the problem. The position will primarily be for the storage market segment customers, which is one of the big areas targeted for significant business growth.
Are you adaptable and passionate about learning new technologies? This role is not for people who can work only in one technical domain. Instead, we want someone who can take-up challenges in new technical domain, learn on the run, and get the right solutioning done!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Hands-on work on a variety of different technical items coming from customer program execution and their product development. These can span from silicon to platform to firmware to BIOS to software to other aspects of the complete solution. These technical items will also vary in technical complexity and be Q&A to solution architecting to complex problem debug to custom development to training to regular applications engineering to perf-benchmarking, etc.
- Drive and enable the technical evaluation and engineering work for enabling and influencing critical design win decision to AMD.
- Understand the overall end-customer product / application-use-case, and break it down into different solution components (silicon, platform, BIOS, firmware, software, libraries etc.).
- Able to understand the current product-POR/solution-stack and analyze the gaps on what customer needs. Solution those gaps working internally with other domain architects defining clear requirements.
- Technical Debug leadership and multi-expert steering in assuming the role of debug lead and driving a complex debug through a virtual taskforce and taking it to the resolution and satisfaction of the customer's problem.
- Manage and handle escalations with a high sense of urgency and proactive problem solving.
- Make sure customer issues are assigned, prioritized and response/resolution metrics are met for the customer programs per QoS.
- Provide inputs into the roadmap process based on the takeaways from customer problems.
- Engage directly in hands-on efforts for critical customer issues triage, analysis and resolution.
- Build strong engineering relationship with the program management and engineering counterparts on customer side as well as internally.
- In the end, be the go-to guy for any kind of technical challenge and getting it done as per the need of business.
- Engineering degree in EE or CS, with senior-level, relevant industry experience.
- Strong understanding of the overall Solutions stack (esp. Storage Servers) and outstanding problem-solving/debugging skills for complex system level debug, corner cases.
- Extensive breadth of deep technical knowledge (x86, SoC, BIOS, SW, Tools, Platform-HW, Linux, Drivers etc.) and experience in multi-disciplinary areas.
- Extensive customer facing experience as systems or apps engineering.
- Good knowledge of storage market segment and enabling storage customers and their products will be a big plus.
- Proven track record of enabling several customer product launches especially in the market segments of storage and networking etc.
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment and ability to travel as needed.
- Great teammate with attitude, passion and hunger to do whatever it takes for business success.
- Prior AMD Experience or experience on AMD products will be a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tuned to the context and audience.
- Ability to align and build consensus among parties working towards the final goal.
- Keen sense of urgency and drive for results!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.