Are you interested in helping to architect a smarter world? We are looking for a senior software engineer to help shape our technology as part of a Solutions team within Central Technology.
As a developer of power-efficient (micro-)processor technology, Arm is ideally positioned to solve challenges facing a wide variety of markets, including Automotive, IoT, Mobile, and Servers. Effective solutions require a "system" mindset and your innovative ideas will support Central Technology to develop system architectures and influence industry-leading IP that underpin each solution.
This diverse role will largely focus on developing solutions for Automotive and Autonomous applications; typical activities would include application and system analysis, technology research, hands-on software prototyping, and experimental investigations. It will also involve engaging with product groups, working closely with engineering teams, and taking part in partner and customer engagements. You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Solutions team based in Cambridge (UK) with close connection to associated teams in Lund (Sweden), Shanghai (China), and Austin (USA).
What you will be involved with:
- Gathering and generating solution requirements
- Evaluating and analyzing systems in the context of application use cases
- Developing tools to streamline application decomposition and analysis
- Supporting safety/security analysis and development of mitigation strategies
- Prototyping software for Automotive/Autonomous solutions
- Crafting system-level architectural recommendations
- Collaborating with other architects/engineers to influence Arm technology
Skills & Experience required:
- Good understanding of computer architecture and embedded systems
- Experience of software development for a commercial organization
- Strong knowledge of C or C++ programming
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work
- Good oral and written English skills
- Knowledge about ADAS, Autonomous Drive, and Digital Cockpit systems
- Familiarity with the ISO26262 development processes
- Engagement with Automotive OEM and Tier 1 companies
- Software development and integration on Linux, Android, QNX, or similar systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Python