Echo Frames is Amazon's first prescription-ready smart glasses. The vision of the product is to allow our customers to bring the magic of Alexa on-the-go, to get more done and be more present. The team is focused on bringing technology and design into a form that is familiar to millions of glasses wearers, in a way that has never been done by any other company before. If you are excited about pushing the envelope and developing brand new experiences for consumers, we would love to meet you.
As the Senior Manager of Embedded Software Development, you will be responsible for all software of device level firmware production in an Amazon innovation group. You will design for scale and low latency, focusing on creating a stellar customer experience. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a highly cross-functional and closely collaborative environment and want to invent the future.
In the role, you will be responsible for establishing software architecture, implementation including manufacturing testing. You will lead an effective and cohesive team to create a new experience and work with the team at large to ensure a functional and beautiful product with accompanying mobile and cloud software services. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated, understand how to solve problems and dive deep while delivering to the highest standards.
- Develop the long-term strategy for your teams and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture which enables us to grow and scale quickly
- Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing engineering and testing approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Deliver releases and updates at regular cadence within team and to leadership
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage engineering resources who drive the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and establish best practices such as Agile/Scrum
- Management of departmental resources, hiring, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of hands-on embedded device engineering experience using C or C++
- 4+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
- Active and recent experience with embedded based application development and management of a customer facing application (engineering and product management / feature definition)Experience in real-time embedded (RTOS or Linux) software design, development, and testing
- Demonstrated technical leadership of both people and projects
- Strong business and technical vision; candidate has shaped an organization or business unit in previous experience
- Knowledge in low level hardware interface and control
- Programming experience in Android or iOS mobile
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.