NXP Global Sales & Marketing (GSM) is the Go-to-Market organization for NXP’s business units. We own the customer relationships and thus ensures customers’ needs are met and NXP growth ambitions are achieved by identifying and creating opportunities for customers to innovate in focused markets using NXP’s diverse product portfolio.
As a Senior Field Application Engineer focused in Embedded Security Applications, you’ll be one of the key players in the NXP worldwide technical community providing premium pre and post sales technical support to NXP customers and their projects requiring end-to-end Security. You drive demand creation and design-in activity at customer sites in close cooperation with the NXP business lines; you provide technical skills & support to NXP’s sales staff and will liaise with the NXP technical community about technical issues and future roadmap of your customer(s). We rely on you to deliver the NXP value message in a persuasive and accurate manner, in order to increase our market share.
- Accountable to drive design wins in target accounts
- Lead proof of concept, solution design, and demonstrations to secure NXP solution’s design-in
- Synthesize customer and competitive insights to improve product definition and roadmaps
- Direct the NXP design-in campaigns for assigned customers to ensure early involvement in the customer’s technology roadmap and timely flow of information to all necessary parties within NXP and customer
- Understand and communicate how ecosystem solutions can position NXP in the best possible manner
- Qualify sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements and establishes NXP's value proposition/position relative to the competition
- Qualify the value of NXP's products (strengths versus competitive products) and quantifies the technical benefits derived from choosing NXP
- Own the system software architect role to ensure broader technical team understands the software value proposition for system proposals
- Successfully build relationships with sales team members, business lines, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Analyze customer's technical objectives through the use of relevant data gathering techniques enabling the sales team to be more predictive, effective and responsive to customer needs
- Assist in educating Field Sales Engineers on new technologies, new product features and their related business value
The candidate will join the Embedded Security applications team in San Jose team that support the deployment of Secure IOT solutions for the entire Americas Region.
In order to be successful in that role and act as an established regional security referent , you will need to own :
- Proven hands-on expertise of Secure Embedded Operating systems and relative applications management in accordance to Global Platform (GP) and/or GSMA specifications.
- Experience with a Java Card OS and applets development and debugging environment is a definitive plus.
- Exposure and knowledge of Contact and contactless Standards & Protocols. (ISO 14443, MIFARE, NFC Forum, ISO 7816..) and experience with at least one deployment of an application like mobile Payment, Transit, Access Control, Authentication or Embedded SIM.
- Strong knowledge of Embedded systems architecture with a focus on Security component
- Excellent practices in Software deliveries and comprehensive programming skills in C, Java and scripting languages.
- Track record in driving and delivering a solution to a customer.
- MS or BS Degree in Software or Electrical engineering
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) and on short notice