Do you have the background, knowledge and expertise to succeed in the technically challenging role of developing world-class System Software for architected platforms catering to different segments such as Mobile and IoT become reference designs for futuristic devices in the market? If so, then you could be the person we require.
The Platform group within the Arm Open Source Software group are looking for individuals who have the mettle for software development and bring up of Reference Platform in the form of Test Chips/FPGA/Simulation Models. We seek individuals with exposure and knowledge of every level of the System software stack ranging from BareMetal firmware, bootloaders, Kernel and Distros.
We enable our partners to build software on systems which are made up of cutting edge Arm IPs. We develop and contribute to open source projects, providing essential reference implementations and optimisations to key software system components alongside validated software stacks thereby reducing the time to partners spent inventing intelligent devices.
- Your day to day role will involve Software development, test and debug on various platforms, including software models, development boards and shipping products
- You will be involved in requirements analysis and task breakdown
- We want you to provide technical advice and direction to both Arm’s, and Arm Partners' platform implementation projects
- You will be creating software stacks for Arm’s reference platforms for next generation of Arm devices
- Your activities will involve upstreaming and maintenance
As an active member of an extended Open Source Software group you can expect to be working face to face with some of the greatest household names in our industry to help develop, optimize and deliver the software needed to support Arm's cutting edge IP, as well as helping Arm grow its role in new embedded and enterprise market segments.
You are a flexible individual, with a variety of software development skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
Education & Qualifications
You have Bachelor's (ideally Master’s degree as well) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred along with proven related experience may be substituted
Essential Skills & Qualities
- You have expertise in low level systems software development and a command over a range of related concepts such as bootloaders, device drivers, OS fundamentals preferably Linux, low level power management, developing secure system.
- We expect that you have knowledge of a leading RISC based computer Architecture and to have been involved in Application processor and Microcontroller firmware development
- We value expert knowledge of embedded C and a good grasp of scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl
- You have familiarity with GNU make/Clang/Cmake/LLVM cross compiling techniques.
- You will have experience of the software lifecycle: taken complex software from concept, to production and maintenance and an understanding of how to rigorously test software and design software for test
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: Excellent written and spoken English; can write clear-cut documentation; can influence and build consensus
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- Familiarity with open-source project development cycles and contribution processes
- You have experience with assembly programming (not necessarily Arm)
- You can show knowledge of software design techniques and how to maintain compatibility alongside familiarity with testing methodology and automated testing systems
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events