Work as part of a team that develops software that runs on in Broadcom's Bluetooth wireless chips. Design and develop in C code running in a multi-threaded environment using ThreadX and GCC tools. This work may include Bluetooth protocol, profile and/or application development for our embedded wireless chip solutions. Candidate must be a self starter and be able to own components of the system, while working with teammates to achieve goals of the overall projects.
Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems and applications for software enhancements and new products. May develop software programs, products and tools required for the operation and control of programmable products for the operation. - Knowledge: Internally recognized technical or business contributor uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Possesses a specialized level of technical expertise with accomplished track record
- Develop and/or applies innovative technologies and concepts
- Able to leads major initiatives/projects
- Virtually self-supervisory
Experience : Bachelors and 12+ years of related experience; at this level a post-graduate degree is typically expected or Masters degree and 10+ years of related experience or PhD and 7+ years of related experience
- Software development on Windows using Visual C/C++ environment.
- Software development on Linux systems in a Linux environment.
- Understanding of restrictions of proprietary software interfacing to GPL, LGPL, and ASL licensed components.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth BR/EDR and Low Energy areas
- Driver experience (UART, I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Experience in protocol development