About the team: Renesas Electronics Americas (REA) is a dynamic, multi-cultural tech company where employees can learn, mentor and thrive. REA brings together the strong financial foundation of a multi-billion dollar global operation and the flexibility and velocity of a smaller organization. We are developing technologies for the latest advances in mobile computing, secured connected devices, autonomous driving, smart homes and factories and more. Our solutions are at the heart of products developed by the major innovators around the world. Join us and be part of what’s next in electronics.
You will be a part of a small team responsible for solving various design challenges in the development of several families of state-of-the-art IoT microcontroller devices that cater to a growing range of IoT applications. This is an opportunity to join a top-notch MCU architecture and Design Team with Renesas Electronics America’s leading MCU product development organizations. As part of one of Renesas’s most prominent MCU development Groups, this Engineer will work on next-generation MCU products for multiple fast paced product lines.
What we need:
Renesas IoT Embedded System Architecture team is seeking highly motivated, energetic MCU Architect to help develop next generation IoT Embedded technologies. In this role, you will contribute to developing Renesas state-of-the-art IoT microcontroller devices. As an IoT microcontroller architect, you will be a part of a team responsible for solving various architectural and design challenges in the development of several families of state-of-the-art IoT microcontroller devices that cater to a growing range of IoT applications.
What You’ll do
- Contribute to Architecture and micro-architecture definition
- Partner with globally distributed teams based in EMEA/APAC
- Hands-on RTL design development of next generation IoT Embedded devices
- Create architecture and design specification documents
- Select, evaluate, and recommend internal and third-party IPs
- Analyze MCU/SoC/ASIC Performance, power, area, schedule tradeoffs
- Preform benchmark simulations to assess performance and power
- Perform gate count analysis to asses area
- Perform schedule vs features analysis to help optimize schedule
Skills You’ll Need
- MS/PhD in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 7+ years relevant experience
- Experience with one of the following areas
- Microprocessor subsystem architecture, on chip interconnect, and advanced debug and trace
- Embedded power management architectures, advanced low power techniques, SoC clocking and reset
- ASIC design flow (RTL coding, testbench development, verification, and implementation)
- RISC-V and ARM architectures
- Understanding of modern SoC architectures and PPA (Performance, Power, and Area) tradeoffs, digital design, and ASIC/SoC micro-architecture
- Chip design experience including modern CAD tools.
- Preferred skills
- AI/ML hardware Acceleration for IoT MCU devices