Ethernet Products Group (EPG), within Intel's Datacenter Platforms Group(DPG), is one of the fastest growing organizations in Intel. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DPG delivers the products and technologies - spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions - that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world. EPG is looking for a dynamic embedded firmware and driver engineer to design, develop and optimize low level embedded software for Intel's SmartNic products. In this role, candidate will work on cutting edge technologies, with a cross-geo team to design and develop top class embedded software for Intel's SmartNic product lines. Design, develop and maintain low level firmware for ARM & x86 embedded platforms Design, develop and maintain Linux device drivers Deliver new features requested by CSPs Solve complex technical problems
- Education: B.Tech/M.Tech ECE or CS from reputed institute
- Experience: 6+ years of relevant experience
- Qualifications: 6+ years of experience in C/C++ programming skills.
- 6+ years of experience with development in RTOS / embedded Linux kernel (e.g., boot loader, u-boot, various drivers) and multi-thread application development.
- Experience of ARM or equivalent processors would be highly preferred.
- Candidate must have strong expertise in Software and firmware development, embedded architecture, external API interfaces, code review and maintenance (C/C++), unit and verification.
- Candidate must have experience in low-level programming, operating systems and hands-on system level debug.
- Strong knowledge in low level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture and design.
- Solid programming skills in C, C++
- Strong Software and firmware design, development, debug skills and possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge about popular embedded interfaces e.g. SPI, I2C, PCIe etc...
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills, stakeholder management and cross-geo collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to clearly communicate concepts to peers and stake holders
- Behavioral qualities: Problem-solving Skills, Ability to Multitask, Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Ability to Work in a Dynamic Team-Oriented environment.