Exciting opportunities awaits you at Micron’s fast growing Shanghai Non-volatile Engineering (NVE) team. As a UFS Firmware Development Engineer (UFS 固件开发工程师) in Micron’s NVE group, you will work with an exceptionally talented core team based in Shanghai, to develop cutting-edge advanced controller firmware for NAND-based mass storage products in the Mobile Business segments. In this position, you will be part of the team that design, and implement firmware solutions for these target markets. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with fellow US based system hardware design engineers, product engineers, Flash memory design engineers, technical customer managers to solve cross-functional design issues.
- Design and develop firmware for mobile storage products, e.g., eMMC, UFS, etc
- Write firmware design specifications with system architecture view
- Design and develop firmware using software development best practices
- Cooperating testing of Firmware on HW platform including optimization and debugging of problems
- Coordinating communication on new ideas and presentations to other team members
Successful candidates for this position will be/have:
- Graduate students in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
- Extensive C programming experience in embedded system development
- Knowledge in embedded systems and hands-on experiences in developing micro-controller firmware or embedded software
- Strong verbal and written communication skill in both English
- Thorough understanding of the following concepts and principles:
- Operating system components and design
- Computer system architecture and organization
- Data structures
- Embedded programming and debugging
- Solid knowledge of industry standards around Storage products, e.g., UFS, eMMC, SATA, PCIE, SAS, is a strong plus
- Knowledge of mass storage systems, Flash memory (NAND / NOR), device drivers, and FTL is preferred
- Experience of SSD, eMMC, UFS firmware development is a strong plus.
- Experience of Agile software development process is a plus.
- Experience as a technical lead/supervisor/manager is a very strong plus.