We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic open-source software developers (junior, middle, senior) to join our ever growing geographically-distributed Graphics domain team.
- Analyzing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora's technical expertise
- Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Discussing graphics-related technologies with clients and represent the company at conferences and trade-shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Contributing publicly to open source projects to ensure Collabora's continuing technical leadership
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Linux experience
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and relevant open source communities
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed environment
- Any track record of experience with direct development in the GNU/Linux Graphics stack from the Linux kernel (e.g. DRM/KMS, GPU driver, dma_buf) to the user space (X11, Wayland/Weston, DRM/DRI, Khronos EGL, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, MESA…)
- Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora's market verticals
- BS/BA or experience in the role of Engineer
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.