We’re looking for an accomplished Field Applications Engineer to provide valuable support to MediaTek’s growing list of IoT customers across Europe in consumer electronics, home appliances and industrial market segments. As an integral part of a new and growing team, the successful Field Applications Engineer will have an Embedded Linux Software background with focus on Multimedia and will report into the European Customer Support Manager. This position represents a fantastic opportunity to shape the direction of customer support across the region at MediaTek and provides a real chance to make a difference and have a far-reaching impact.
In addition to providing first-class technical support to our customers, this role will also provide crucial technical assistance to MediaTek’s European Sales and Marketing team during their interactions with new and existing IoT customers. As MediaTek’s Field Applications Engineer for the region you will also work closely with our technical support teams in Asia, to ensure successful and timely technical issue resolution. The role will require business travel throughout Europe, as well as visits to MediaTek’s headquarters in Taiwan to ensure synchronisation with HQ technical teams.
- Provide technical software support
- Understand customer technical queries and issues, provide initial analysis and solutions
- Become the point of contact for Linux Multimedia issues within the team
- Collect, compile and track Europe customer technical issues and manage ongoing project progress, leveraging MediaTek’s online customer support and CRM systems
- Work with European Sales and Marketing team to provide expert technical support in customer interactions
- Help develop and train colleagues within the support team
- Work with 3rd party SW design houses to deliver workable solutions to issues
Location - This position is located in Cambourne (near Cambridge), UK.
- Independent problem analysis and solving skills, especially under high pressure
- “Customer first” pro-active and problem solving attitude, coupled with sensitivity to corporate business priorities and resourcing capabilities
- Must be an independent self-starter, with excellent time and project management skills
- Must have a good understanding of the challenges and associated business etiquette required when working with international and remote teams and customers.
- Experience working with/ for Asia-based companies an advantage.
- Must be a confident and clear communicator and MediaTek ‘evangelizer’, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, as required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ideally MSc. qualified in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or similar), or with equivalent and relevant work experience in electrical, electronic or computer science fields
- Excellent C programming skills
- Good knowledge of Linux Multimedia Frameworks and Architecture
- Experience in Multimedia software development on embedded Linux systems.
- Good understanding of Linux open source community
- Experience in Camera ISP pipeline
- Experience on Image Signal Processing
- Experience in video processing including; capture, format conversion, scaling and display.
- Familiarity with video coding algorithms e.g. H.264, H.265 etc.
- Knowledge of GPU’s and OpenGPL ES
- Experience with Audio Processing
- Experience working with a global customer base and working with transnational internal teams