The Automotive Field Applications Engineer (FAE) at Micron provides technical support for the integration and validation of Micron products into automotive applications such as infotainment, cluster, connectivity/V2X and ADAS subsystems. The FAE is an integral part of the Sales team, collaborating with the account team to build strong relationships and to secure design-wins by understanding Micron's broad portfolio and the value brought by Micron's innovation, services and expertise.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Build relationships and influence with key decision makers at customers. Enable development of differentiated solutions and products based on technology challenges driving customer’s business objectives.
- Work closely with Sales to develop and execute a strategic plan & objectives
- Regularly visit customers to identify new business, discuss ongoing projects including areas of concern & future needs
- Assist in solving problems and providing test support; be the central point of contact during critical issues between customer and factory teams, work with multi-functional groups until issue resolution has been delivered to the customer
- Act as an advisor to our customers by providing memory architecture advice, memory product recommendations, delivering technical trainings and developing solutions.
- Work with marketing and development teams to evaluate feasibility of specific new products or features and ensure customer specifications are met.
- Coordinate lab-related activities that support the design-in/validation process, including schematic/board layout reviews, design validation and system level testing
- Communicate customer focused collaterals (e.g., product guides, cross references, datasheets, system compatibility guides, etc.)
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electronic board and system design, product, test, system validation, application engineering, memory.
- Systems experience, covering some/all of following:
- Embedded Systems hardware architecture, design, test and troubleshooting.
- Volatile, Non Volatile and Mass Storage Memories usage in Automotive or Embedded systems.
- Volatile & Non Volatile Memories interface knowledge: NOR, NAND, DRAM, eMMC.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills including lab testing and debug (experience with oscilloscope, logic and protocol analyzers).
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills
- The ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction.
- Language: Fluent English, both oral and written.
- Flexibility to travel as needed, up to 25% of time.
- Experience working as an applications engineer for a semiconductor manufacturer preferred.
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related field of study