The focus of this role will be on providing critical embedded software development for the next generation of AMD’s flagship CPU products Epyc and Ryzen. In addition this role develops and integrates front-end elements into several engineering specific applications. This position is critical to the success of AMD’s Laptop and Server Product Road Maps. The role encompasses handling back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. It also entails development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the MySQL database, Apache server, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The candidate will have proven working experience in balancing multiple priorities effectively · Is an analytical with problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Possesses excellent communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, multi-project environment using state of the art tools and technology
- Architect High level Features spanning multiple long duration Functions:
- Generation of Workloads,
- Dashboards and Back end Services to Lead shared resources across Regions, Across local Processes.
- Architect and implement Provisioning Mechanisms for Linux, Windows Servers.
- Define Operations Metrics and reports. Real time Notification and Auto Recovery as possible.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions will include MySQL, PHP, targeting local and remote hosts.
- Provide training and support to internal customers (and external to the group).
- Ability to turn customer requests (descriptions) into impactful proposals for new development.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in Linux and Windows development environments, troubleshooting, and administering
- Server and desktop embedded software development
- Experienced with Clustered Servers and rollout of services
- Experienced with Framework Based PHP Web services and tools such as Laravel
- Experience with “API FIRST” development approach
- Solid understanding of revision control systems such as Git, SVN
- Fluent in Ruby, PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JQuery, ReactJS, Apache
- Familiar with Database Normalization and how to describe data element relationships.
- Experience and/or familiarity with database replication and DDBMS
- C++ and Visual Studio and Excel plugins a plus
- Familiarity in working with SW development methodology/process/tools such as Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, etc.
- Developing test automation software a plus
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering