The Embedded System Validation Lead will work as part of Qualcomm’s SVE (System Validation Emulation) Team on leading technologies such as the Qualcomm Snapdragon and Qualcomm Cloud AI (Artificial Intelligence) accelerator chipset.
The successful candidate will focus on leading development in the areas of Driver/Firmware Development and Validation, Debug and Resolution of Issues and Software Use-Case Implementation. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with system architects, software engineers, hardware designers and verification engineers.
Role & Responsibilities
In this role responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Leading a team of engineers, including mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Tracking project schedules, delivery and keeping stakeholders informed
- Working with global systems, design and software teams
- Delivery of low-level hardware drivers for Qualcomm Snapdragon Subsystems / Cloud AI
- Drive innovation in software use cases
- On-going code re-factoring
Candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience with 2 years’ experience technically leading small teams.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Experience in Low Level software development in C, C++, and Assembly.
- Excellent knowledge of 32 and 64bit ARM processors
- Experience with software development tools
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross functional team (IC Design, Verification, Validation, Software, System Arch)
- Experienced with Real Time Operating Systems
- Understanding multi-threaded and multi-core computing
- Working knowledge of software development process (Agile preferred)
Required: Bachelors in Engineering (Masters preferred)
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.