What you'll be doing:
You will work closely with both hardware engineers and other software engineers to design, develop, and debug many functional aspects of our mobile system-on-chip (SOC) devices. You will also be heavily involved with the early modeling and simulation required to produce our world-class products, and will follow the devices all the way through the development process to the customer products.
The best candidates will have strong C programming skills, Scripting knowledge, a thorough understanding of operating systems and kernel programming, a good understanding of hardware architecture, and excellent communication and planning skills.
What we need to see:
- Must be available to work full time in either Santa Clara or Redmond for the Winter term (January through April)
- Pursuing BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- Excellent C programming skills
- Familiarity with computer system architectures and the hardware/software interface layer models
- Interest in low-level operating system knowledge, specifically memory/resource management, scheduling and process control, and hardware virtualization
- Kernel experience with Linux, Android, Chrome, or Windows systems
- Experience with complex system-level debugging is invaluable
Are you dedicated, upbeat and dynamic with excellent analytical ability? Are you a software engineer passionate and highly motivated about solving complex problems? If so, you may be a perfect fit for our group.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.