- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant experience, including embedded development experience.
- Experience in software development in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, embedded system, power management.
- 2 years of experience with power management for embedded devices.
- Experience with Linux kernel and Android system.
- Experience with power measurement, monitoring, testing, optimization, and/or attribution.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As smartphones get faster and contain more features, providing great battery life has evolved into a challenging engineering problem. Our team ensures that all software on the phone is utilizing the hardware in the most battery efficient manner so that users get great battery performance.
As an engineer on the Pixel Power Software team, you will participate in the entire Pixel lifecycle: influencing future hardware designs, bringing up new devices, developing new device and server-side capabilities, and supporting released products. You will write software running on devices that track every Joule of energy and why it was drawn. You will use the obtained power metrics to make informed decisions and spot patterns from badly behaving applications, drivers and hardware.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work on power measurement, monitoring, testing, optimization, and attribution.
- Populate power data analysis.
- Conduct on-device trouble detection and mitigation.
- Develop drivers to control power related aspects of subsystems.
- Automate bug triage and investigation.