We’re looking for a midlevel embedded software engineer to join our team. We code most often in C but will use whatever it takes to get the job done. Our midlevel engineers can plan out their work and drive it to completion. They’ve also seen a good swath of the product development lifecycle, including prototyping, working on production code, and some exposure to mass production.
Why should you join us?
My name is Mike, and I’ve been on our team for over 10 years. As a product development consultancy, we get to peek inside a lot of exciting companies. That’s how I know there’s nowhere else I’d rather be.
Nobody sees the kind of variety that we do. Working here is being immersed in a constant stream of projects across different industries using different technologies. You will learn. A lot. About everything. Our engineers are not just versatile within their own fields firmware engineers work with everything from 8bit micros to embedded Linux to smartphones we also have EEs driving SolidWorks, MEs developing iOS apps, and FW engineers laying out PCBs. You’ll iterate through many careersworth of projects and solutions faster than you thought possible. And you’ll get better at it each time.
Everyone here loves hardware, so much that we’ve been known to spend leisure time on projects that aren’t so different from what we do at work. Or perhaps it’s the other way around. We may code in bits and bytes, but we work in the real world. Our desks are cluttered with dev boards and prototypes. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with teammates, discuss our work throughout each day, and build amazing things together. Were constantly in front of clients to extract feedback, plot course corrections, and lead the way.
Day-to-day, we work in closeknit teams of typically 2 to 6 engineers. Here are the types of things our firmware team get excited about.
- Programming on 3 different microcontrollers and getting them all to talk together. Wirelessly.
- Figuring out the magic init sequence to harness an OLED display that you harvested from a smartphone.
- Convincing embedded Linux to boot on a board that a coworker designed from scratch.
- Getting an LED to blink juuuust right.
- Sleeping soundly because you’re just as proud of your test suite as you are of the code its bulletproofing.
We still operate like a small company within Accenture. As a result, your contributions will have immediate, visible impacts not just on projects, but also on the success of the organization. Although we all swab the decks, everyone also gets to help steer.
We are located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, convenient to public transit and at an epicenter of a flourishing technology industry. Our team enjoys working together, and we greatly value maintaining an awesome company environment. We look for people who are bright, enthusiastic, and fun We regularly spend time together outside the office, whether that’s doing happy hour at a local watering hole or enjoying the rocking chairs at the Exploratorium. If this is resonating, we’d love to get to know you.
- At least 2 years of experience working with code for embedded systems including coding in C
- Bachelor’s Degree
- You’re interested in working with EEs and MEs and maybe know a bit about their disciplines
- You’ve had exposure to different microcontrollers
- You’ve had exposure and experience with baremetal systems, RTOS, or maybe some embedded linux
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science